Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for analyzing business issues and developing software solutions.
We use leading-edge technology to deliver world-class service both internally and to our external customers. The HP Non-Stop Windows Engineer, has multiple task responsibilities other than the NonStop OSM/CSM consoles. This person will also support virtual and physical servers that support the Pulse environment this will include the Prognosis virtual servers, XYPRO virtual servers and the Inetco virtual servers from and infrastructure prospective only. As a NonStop Windows Engineer you will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, patching, local accounts management, troubleshooting and ongoing support of the HP NonStop OSM/CSM consoles.
- Maintains and administers computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications, and configurations.
- Conducts software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, and network environments.
- Develops technical support software, systems, and operating system capabilities for the data processing.
- Directs the installation of operating systems, networks, applications, and hardware. 20% 3 – Important Designs, configures, and tests computer hardware, networking software, and operation systems software.
- Manage user accounts and passwords for all (NSC’s) NonStop system consoles.
- Manage and perform all Security and Software updates for the NSCs.
- Manage the local network DNS, DHCP, SFTP-Server and SSH-Server services on the NSCs.
- Maintain contact and work closely with HPE Technicians to timely resolve all hardware and software issues that occur on the NSCs.
- Manage, maintain and configure HP Insight Remote Support on the four CMS Boxes to create call outs to HP in the event of a NonStop hardware issue.
- Work with the NonStop Systems team to resolve any connection or other issues in the connections between the OSM maintenance boxes and the NonStop Units.
- Diagnose and resolve physical/network security issues with the NSCs as single point of contact with Network Infrastructure and Security groups
- Resolve and manage RSAM vulnerabilities open items.
- Install, configure and maintain network servers.
- Resolve and manage PCI GAP findings.
- Participate in Audit Reviews as SME for HP NonStop consoles
- On Call Support 7 x 24
- Active member during DR’s, OS and system upgrades.
- Comply with all information Security Policies
- Complete all security training, read ongoing security-related communications and acknowledge understanding of such communications as requested by Management
- Complete compliance and regulatory training as requested by Management.
- Ensure system patches are installed according to Vulnerability Management Program
- Ensure systems are hardened based on approved security templates
- Provide detailed network drawings of consoles in the Pulse environment IP addresses locations etc.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Minimum H.S. Diploma or GED
- 4+ years Systems Engineer, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelors Information Technology Preferred
- Minimum 6+ years Systems Engineer, or related experience Preferred Advanced Windows Server Administration
- MS Windows, SQL, SFTP
- Good understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCPIP networking and Firewalls
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining network servers.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Advanced troubleshooting ability.
- Work rotating on-call schedule and be available to work after hours and on weekends.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.