Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for designing and implementing computer and information networks including local area networks, wide area networks, intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks. Performs network modeling, analysis, and planning. Designs network and computer security measures. Researches and recommends network and data communications hardware and software.
- Adjusts network sizes to meet volume or capacity demands.
- Communicates with customers and the business to determine customer needs.
- Communicates with system users to ensure accounts are set up properly. Diagnoses and resolves operational issues.
- Coordinates the installation of new equipment.
- Coordinates network operations, maintenance, repairs, and upgrades. Consults with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations.
- Create various documentation for stakeholder and security teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to all levels of management
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Provide specialized expertise and applied knowledge on all technical aspects of architecture and development strategy.
- Partner with the business and technology teams to plan and execute projects, design technical specifications, and ensure direction and resources to deliver high quality products and services.
- Oversee delivery of software through continuously deployed solutions via a SAFe/Scrum Agile process.
- Be reliable, self-motivated and willing to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Be flexible and adaptable to change
- Conceptualize and communicate strategic approaches
- Promote a risk aware culture within the team to ensure efficient and effective risk compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes that support the DFS approach to audit and compliance.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business
- Minimum of 8+ years Technical or related experience
- In Lieu of Education minimum 10+ years of experience in Technical or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Proven track record of delivering quality in an Agile environment
- Proven track record of turning concepts and ideas into tangible solutions
- Self-motivated, Commercial understanding of the Payments domain
- Strong knowledge and understanding of emerging trends in software engineering
- Experience in supporting software solutions in a production environment
- Proven commercial experience engaging third party vendors
- Experience with FIS Connex software
- Experience with HPE NonStop servers
- Experience in creating best in class testing and production infrastructure
- Commercial experience developing in a Scaled Agile environment
- Credible understanding of the technology stack
- Passion for learning
- Strong collaborator #LI-BG1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.