Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
As part of our Digital Payments technology domain, you’ll:
- Partner with others in the Agile space (Senior Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers and Agile Coaches) to drive technology-focused teams towards achieving Agile principles. Your influence will help achieve various milestones as well as objectives
- Leverage your development skills to the highest capacity to help drive key initiatives and projects and shape our business and technology outcomes to meet customer and partner needs.
- Create and break down product/platform efforts into successful execution-ready plans.
- Contribute to the developer experience by leveraging the latest technologies in the industry to enhance current solution patterns and define new ones.
How You’ll Do It
- Facilitate team activities including daily stand-up meetings, grooming, sprint planning, demonstrations, release planning and team retrospectives.
- Follow and promote Agile methodology and related scrum ceremonies within a cross-functional Agile team.
- Coach the team to own and continually improve their process and practices.
- Manage sprint release deliverables and proactively identify and resolve impediments to help the team work effectively, meet sprint objectives and ensure releases stay on track.
- Update sprint activities in Agile planning and execution tracking tool.
- Communicate Agile team's progress, dependencies, and impediments.
- Participate in program increment (PI) planning events.
- Identify, communicate and resolve dependencies between Agile teams.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in business , information technology
- 4+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related experience
Bonus Points If You Have:
- SAFe Scrum Master Certification
- Experience working for a large, highly sophisticated organization
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.