Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
We are looking to hire a Principal Quality Architect for our account systems Modernization project for GL replacement testing.
Seeking a Principal Quality Engineering Lead within Discover Financial Services – Business Technology. As a member of Finance Systems value stream this role will be the lead for testing planning and execution of our Finance Modernization initiatives. We are migrating several core applications to Oracle Cloud Financials ERP, EPM, and Accounting Hub solutions. Additionally we are migrating interfaces to take advantages of AWS and Ab Initio Metadata Hub to provide data lineage and metadata repository capabilities.
Responsible for defining the testing strategy with a SAFe Agile Release Train to ensure that quality is built in from the start. In collaboration with the Application Architects and Product Managers, the QE Architect will assist in driving to deliver a fully automated development lifecycle focused on delivering a platform capable of full automation between the development and production environments. The individual will be required to foster collaboration and provide thought leadership while contributing to core products for the department.
- Coordinate testing activities to reconcile feeds to current GL to the new GL
- Provide coordination of the integrated testing of changes to 20+ systems to accommodate a new chart of account structure and values
- Coordination of testing for downstream applications that consume GL for reporting and analytics
- Coordination of activities to provision and execute SIT, FIT, End To End, and Business Simulation testing waves throughout the life of the project
- Coordinate activities with SI partner to provide data needed for build activities within the Oracle platforms.
- Provide technical expertise of system architecture, drive and recommend optimal testing strategies. Design QA infrastructure, establish testing specifications to provide desired functionality to technology solutions
- Collaborate with DevOps, Development and Product owners to verify the testability of the release and define strategies and best practices
- Contribute in PI planning events to measure, manage and progress on quality engineering roadmap and delivery outcomes
- Contribute to and execute a roadmap and detailed implementation plan for automation, functional, integration/E2E & performance quality engineering services for assigned SAFe value streams
- Drives for quality, ensure Quality is built in from the start via establishing acceptance criteria, defining quality gates, staying abreast if new and emerging technologies and working with Senior Management to define and maintain a strategy.
- Participates in Program grooming to understand initiatives, technical features, and business features to ensure strategy supports them.
- Responsible for overall test strategy design, timely amendment and delivery. QE subject matter expert and testing solutions architect.
- Actively contributes and participates in all Agile ceremonies such as iteration planning, story grooming, daily standups, and retrospective meetings.
- Manages quality/test challenges at the team level providing guidance, training, technical support and where necessary mentoring individuals.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Associates in information technology
- 6+ years of experience in Test Management or related area
- ISTQB foundation
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology
- At least 2 years of experience as a software architect or technical product management
- Experience with large ERP financial system implementations
- Experience with Oracle cloud ERP and/or EPM is preferred
- Experience working in SAFe agile/iterative development methodology
- 3 years of experience in establishing test automation strategy and using the automated tools for end-to-end product architecture and technology stack in a CI/CD setting
- Ability to collaborate with application, technical and value stream architects and software development engineers to ensure design for quality practices and tooling are formulated and adhered
- Ability to collaborate with senior management for managing quality deliverables and outcomes
- Detail oriented communication and documentation skills
- Exposure to applications developed on AWS, PCF or similar platforms
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks and resource leaks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.