Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
- At outset of project, lead in collaboration with other stakeholders and management.
- Devise test objectives, organizational test policies, test strategies, and test plans for the project.
How You’ll Do It
- Assist in the timely resolution of quality/test challenges at the team level, providing guidance, training, technical support and, where necessary, mentoring individuals.
- Send the status report (daily, weekly, etc.) to the Test Manager. Review reports prepared by testers.
- Prepare meeting agendas, including those for weekly team meetings.
- Conduct frequent team status-check meetings via chat/email, etc.
- Track and report upon testing activities, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered, and their status, performance baselines, etc.
- Attend regular test-team meetings.
- Lead, guide, and monitor the analysis, design, implementation, and execution of test cases, test procedures, and test suites. Ensure content and structure of all testing documents/artifacts are documented and maintained.
- Assign tasks to all testing team members and ensure that all have sufficient work in the project.
- Act as the single point of contact between Development and testers for iterations, testing, and deployment activities.
- Review system, integration at user acceptance tests prepared by testers.
- Ensure proper configuration, management of the test artifacts produced and traceability of the tests to the requirements.
- Recognize when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, plan the effort, select the tools, and ensure training of the team.
- As test execution approaches, make sure the test environment is in place before test execution and managed during test execution. Schedule the tests for execution and then monitor, measure, control, and report on the test progress, the product quality status, and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Plan, monitor, and control the testing activities and tasks. Provide input into the estimation of the testing effort.
- Prepare the software test plan. Analyze requirements during the requirements analysis phase of projects. Keep track of the requirements from the project and manage change of scope (COS).
- Schedule the project effort in conjunction with the PMO. Check for timely delivery of project milestones. Arrange the hardware and software requirement for the test setup.
- Escalate issues about project requirements (software, hardware, resources) to the Project Manager/Test Manager. Identify training requirements and forward it to the Project Manager (technical and soft skills).
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes and procedures for testing as per established standards defined by the organization.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods within the payments industry or equivalent experience
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods within the payments industry or equivalent experience
- ISTQB Foundation
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6+ years of experience in leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods within the Payments industry or equivalent experience
- ISTQB Intermediate Test Manager
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.