Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Evolve and implement our long-term enterprise data management program as a leader of the Enterprise Data Governance team. Drive the data catalog, data quality, data stewardship, metadata management, and sensitive data management programs.
As a Lead Data Governance Consultant you will lead team members in executing data catalog, data quality, data stewardship, metadata management, and sensitive data management activities. Evolve the policies, processes and tools that we have implemented around our data governance program. Build productive working relationships with Business Technology and Business Unit teams to mature and implement a data governance strategy. You will also be involved in oversight for regulatory activities like privacy compliance and financial reporting, as well as data cataloging and classification while providing leadership and applying data governance concepts, principles, and frameworks.
- Leads the design, development, implementation and evolution of a long-term enterprise data management and governance program
- Builds productive working relationships with the federated data governance groups within the company providing tools, capabilities and frameworks to evolve the maturity of those federated groups
- Partners with external vendors and industry experts to evolve the data management and governance program using industry frameworks, templates and expert organizations
- Lead application development teams, data stewards, subject matter experts and other business and IT staff to execute data governance initiatives
- Lead metadata management utilizing our data catalog tool building out our business glossary, data stewardship, data lineage, and metadata framework capabilities
- Perform as a scrum master and interact with product owners and team members, develop supporting reports
- Leverage program management skills
- Develop and execute on change management initiatives
- Evolve data governance policy and standard writing and review along with developing short presentations for the department and senior level executives
- Utilize various IT frameworks (ITSM, ITIL, etc), guidelines and best practices to evaluate and make practical recommendations on IT data management policies, procedures, standards and controls.
- Develops and codes solutions for metadata management, data quality, sensitive data management and data steward activities
- Designs solutions for metadata management, data quality, sensitive data management and data steward activities
- Implements some improvements in architecture, team processes and functions.
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
- 4+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Metadata Management, Data Governance
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Metadata Management, Data Governance
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- Understanding of data governance concepts and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers and upper level management.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills including effective negotiation, conflict management, and ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Ability to make verbal presentations on Data Governance topics.
- Self-starter with the initiative to act upon opportunities with little direction and moderate oversight.
- Working knowledge of Cloud, Teradata, or Oracle databases.
- Experience with Data Catalog, metadata management and business glossary tools like Alation, Collibra, ASG Brocade, DAG Metacenter or IBM Business Glossary.
- Agile development methodologies or Lean Six Sigma
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.