Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for developing predictive models to provide modeling solutions to Discover’s business partners. Designs and develops models, utilizing machine learning and other algorithms. Presents the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to management or other end users.
- Researches and leverages state-of-the-art modeling techniques; participates in modeling innovation.
- Leverages extensive, deep technical knowledge and leadership skills to drive the development of data science solutions and implements data-driven recommendations and outcomes.
- Maintains a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques, and supports the advancement of the "best-in-class" analytical capabilities to unlock new capabilities and performance, and quickly adapts to modern modeling techniques. Demonstrates knowledge in analytical tools.
- Accumulates business and data-domain knowledge.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Analytics, Math, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Economics, or related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in developing data-based analytical solutions, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or related quantitative field
- 4+ years of experience in the financial service industry and modeling, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.