Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Do you want to be on the forefront of the next BIG thing in advancing the analytic technology landscape? Are you driven by the thought of being involved at the ground level of an enterprise wide transformation? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast paced, collaborative environment?
Discover Financial Services is seeking a bright, driven, and talented individual to join a team of passionate and innovative technologists.
We’re looking for a well-rounded individual who’s not afraid to roll their sleeves up. We use some exciting tools and technologies – ideally you’ll know some, but we want you to be excited about what we’re doing.
In this role, you will be a contributing member to a team that works on an idea from conception to implementation with next generation technologies. This is a varied role that will require diving into all areas, so even if you don’t have the direct experience you should be comfortable with uncertainty and be excited to learn. A lot of what we build will be prototypes and proof-of-concepts for internal validation and learning. As such, we’d like you to be able to have some strong experience with programming, distributed and cloud technologies.
- Contributing member of a high performing, agile team focused on next generation data & analytic technologies
- Primarily you’ll be rapidly prototyping new products to test important customer features or demonstrate to key stakeholders. This will likely involve a lot of backend/front end work, but also a considerable amounts of data manipulation techniques – even some ML where it’s needed.
- You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, and deployment
- You need to make sure our apps are enterprise-ready, secure and compliant, but lightweight and fit-for-purpose. We’ll help guide you through this if you’ve not done it before.
- Deliver container-based solutions utilizing in our container platform as part of our cloud migration, app modernization and cloud-native development services on AWS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years delivering business solutions built and deployed on containers, with demonstrable experience architecting modern microservices application. (Kubernetes / OpenShift, Docker)
- 4+ years’ experience in design and implementation REST API-based micro-services using JAVA,SpringBoot technologies
- 2+ years’ experience in building distributed solutions (Kafka)
- Strong experience working with a relational database
- Strong experience in creating container based microservice / distributed solutions either in the cloud on on-premises is desired
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines (Git, Jenkins,JFrog Artifactory )
- Hands on experience with AWS services such as EC2, RDS, IAM, Lambda, SNS, SQS, and S3
- Hands on expertise using JS frameworks
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- AWS amplify
- AWS managed services
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.