Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Schedule: Monday through Friday with rotating weekends starting at 6:00 AM to 2:00 pm and 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM, working between 30-39 hours a week
Pay: $17.00 hour/plus shift differential
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
What You’ll Do
- Handle chats, emails and calls for all levels of delinquent accounts.
- Provide all payment options or strategies to resolve card member delinquency issues.
- Collect on delinquent accounts as assigned to minimize losses to the company.
- Assist with training less experienced team members.
How You’ll Do It
- Review credit history and other available information on delinquent accounts.
- Call or send letters to request payment or utilize skip tracing tools to facilitate next card member contact of delinquent accounts.
- Build rapport with card members and work to secure repayment on delinquent accounts.
- Maintain productivity standards while ensuring prompt follow up.
- Adhere to Fair Debt Collection and Practices law and company Collection Practices policy.
- Help less experienced team members strengthen their collection and customer service skills.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Effective verbal communication and problem-solving skills
Bonus Points If You Have
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in collections, customer service, call center or related field
- A quiet workspace
- Internet service with a minimum speed of 5mbps
- Personal smartphone or a tablet
Keeping our employees safe is a key focus at Discover. This position is based in our West Valley, Utah call center. Based on the evolving situation with Covid-19, we may ask you to be onsite on day 1 for equipment pickup and New Hire Orientation. From there your training and/or work will be remote until the situation with Covid-19 allows us to move back into our building. *
*At Discover’s discretion this position may be work from home and adjusted back to “in office” at any time.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.