Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Class Start Date: 4/20/2020
Shift Requirements: Ranges 9:00AM-8:30PM
Starting Wage: $16.00
This is a Temporary Position with the Opportunity to Promote to a Full Time Role! Great for college students, educators and tax professionals!
- Paid Training
- Onsite cafeteria
- Coaching and development
- Opportunity to promote to permanent employment based on performance, attendance and business need
Responsible for handling routine customer service inquiries and problems for one to three call-type functions via telephone, digital, or chat channels through effective communication and problems solving skills. These routine customer service inquiries require the use of standard screens, scripts, and procedures. Navigates a computerized system for responding to and/or troubleshooting customer questions.
- Documents customer files.
- Utilizes effective verbal communication and problem-solving skills to handle customer service inquiries. Multi-tasking may be required based on function type.
- Navigates a computerized system for responding to and/or troubleshooting customer questions, which includes using standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
- Uses discretionary authority to satisfy the customer within reasonable limits including, but not limited to, adjustments or credit limit increases.
- Handles routine customer service inquiries and problems for one to three call-type functions via telephone, digital, or chat channels.
- These routine customer service inquiries require the use of standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
· H.S. Diploma or GED
· 1+ years of experience in Call Center/Customer Service
· A quiet workspace
· Internet service with a minimum speed of 5mbps
· Personal smartphone or a tablet
Keeping our employees safe is a key focus at Discover. This position is based in our Phoenix, Arizona call center. Employees will be required to train onsite. Based on the evolving situation with Covid-19, we may ask you to temporarily work from home once training is completed.*
*At Discover’s discretion this position may be work from home and adjusted back to “in office” at any time.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.