At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Class Start Date: April 27, 2020
Shift Requirements: Part Time Position, Schedules will be 5am-2pm & 8am-5pm, M-F w/ Weekends as assigned
Starting Wage: $13.75
Part Time Benefits
Our excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life, include the following:
- Paid Time off (up to 40 hours annually)
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
What You’ll Do
- Handle basic and routine customer services inquiries and problems.
- Respond to customer service inquiries and problems via multiple channels, generally recording consistent problem areas.
- Navigate a computerized data entry system or other relevant applications.
How You’ll Do It
- Utilize effective communication skills to handle customer service inquiries.
- Use computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- Refer customer inquiries to appropriate published materials, secondary sources, or more senior staff.
Qualifications You'll Need
Bonus Points If You Have
- High school diploma or GED
- A quiet workspace
- Internet service with a minimum speed of 5Mbps
- Personal smartphone or a tablet
Keeping our employees safe is a key focus at Discover. This position is based in our West Valley, Utah call center. Employees will be required to train onsite. Based on the evolving situation with Covid-19, we may ask you to temporarily work from home once training is completed.
*At Discover’s discretion this position may be work from home and adjusted back to “in office” at any time.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.