At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Class Start Date: May 4th, 2020
9:00 AM – 6:30 PM
10:00 AM – 7:30 PM
12:00 PM – 9:30 PM
1:30 PM – 11:00 PM
Starting Wage: $17.00/hr (up to $20.40/hr with shift differential)
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
What You’ll Do
- Handle complex customer service inquiries and problems for three or more call-type functions via telephone, digital, or chat channels.
- Navigate a computerized system for responding and/or troubleshooting to customer questions, which may require deviating from standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
How You’ll Do It
- Document customer files.
- Handle customer service inquiries, using discretionary authority to satisfy the customer within reasonable limits including, but not limited to, adjustments, credit limit increases, and complex solutions.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Strong verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, as needed, to get the job done
Bonus Points If You Have
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in customer service
- A quiet workspace
- Internet service with a minimum speed of Mbps
- Personal smartphone or a tablet
Keeping our employees safe is a key focus at Discover. This position is based in our West Valley, Utah call center. Employees will be required to train onsite. Based on the evolving situation with Covid-19, we may ask you to temporarily work from home once training is completed.
*At Discover’s discretion this position may be work from home and adjusted back to “in office” at any time.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.