Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
High impact, visible position that drives evaluation of risk strategies and mitigation approaches, and leads control enhancement implementations. Partners with the business to improve the control environment and resolve open issues. Collaborates across the enterprise to ensure business units meet regulatory requirements and corporate standards. Executes various preventative risk management activities and initiatives such as risk and control assessments, operational risk events reporting, key risk indicator reporting, business continuity planning, records management, and new initiative process. Will be expected to bring thought leadership on best in class risk mitigation strategies.
- Performs walk-throughs and provides consultation on existing and new processes and, where appropriate, facilitates documentation thereof, including the identification of business risks and controls. Ensures that controls are in place to mitigate legal, regulatory, and other applicable business risks. Where control gaps exist, provides consultation on the design of controls and monitors until execution.
- Provides consultation on change management initiatives.
- Executes reporting including operational risk events, key risk indicators, and business reviews in accordance with company policies and standards.
- Collaborates with business partners to ensure root-cause analysis is performed and that appropriate corrective action plans are put in place to address issues stemming from the risk assessments, internal audits, regulatory findings, business unit test monitoring, operational risk incidents, and other applicable sources where gaps are identified.
- Completes effective challenge of business validation activities and performs validations of remediation activities.
- Provides relevant risk training to meet current and evolving organizational requirements and/or business needs.
- Identifies and leads initiatives to improve internal processes
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Management, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Risk Management, Internal Controls, Finance, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Risk Management, Internal Controls, Finance, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Risk Management, Internal Controls, Finance, or related field
- Understanding of, and experience in, designing operational processes
- Lean certification or experience
- Certified Internal Auditor, Certification in Control Self-Assessment, RIMS-Certified Risk Management Professional, or related certification
- Ability to thrive on ambiguous initiatives and lead them to a successful conclusion
- Proven ability to build relationships with business and/or technology partners
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.