At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Enterprise Data Architecture & Strategy team at Discover is looking for an experienced Lead Data Modeler to join a diverse team dedicated to data analysis, data classification and logical data modeling. On this team you will collaborate closely with others to understand enterprise requirements and develop and document data solutions.
In this role you will:
- Understand business processes and concepts in order to design and develop logical data models
- Be responsible for data classification, naming and design
- Suggest and implement improvements in data architecture, team processes and functions
- Understand business processes and concepts in order to design, develop and enterprise logical data models
- Performs data analyses and profiling
- Provides support for data naming, classification, design, and handling
- Partners with stakeholders to determine a data strategy and architecture.
- Suggests and implements improvements in data architecture, team processes, and functions.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Data Manipulation or related
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Data Manipulation, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 7+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Data Manipulation, or related field
- Working experience with dimensional data modeling and strong knowledge of best practices and solution patterns
- Proficient in SQL for data analysis
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve existing processes
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and maintain focus
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with cloud databases
- Experience with reporting tools
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.