At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for and focuses on the successful outcome of the source system data feeds (approximately 105) being remapped from the current source systems in the general ledger technology system environment to the data lake and then to the future state Oracle platform. Responsible for partnering regularly with Business Technology, Business Technology Enterprise Data Team, Finance, and source system feed owners (e.g. Human Resources, Lines of Business) to ensure each of the data feeds are properly.
- Collaborates with the MAPS Program Leadership Team and proactively works within the MAPS Team to assist in leading the MAPS Program to a successful outcome as defined by the Program Charter and scope.
- Partners directly with the three Delivery Leads (Finance, Business Technology, and SI Partner) and MAPS work stream leads to: manage source system feed scope as defined by the Program Charter, proactively identify risks, issues, action items, and key decisions (“RAID items”), and monitors progress to targets and communicate status. Partners with the PMO Director to facilitate weekly Program Leadership meetings when metrics and RAID items are reviewed, provide the PMO Director with updates regarding the status reporting and risks, assists in preparing the stakeholder Program updates and communications, coordinates with the Delivery Leads, Finance and Business Technology Team work stream leads, coordinates with Change Management on content needed for communications, proactively identify potential scope adjustments and risks by working with the Delivery Leads, Finance and Business Technology Team work stream leads to prepare and complete Change Request forms and supports Change Request meetings to evaluate proposed scope changes.
- Establishes, leads, and maintains the Program Governance structure and cadence for the MAPS team. This will include: leading the execution of the program management responsibilities for the source system feeds by coordinating with each Tower/work stream lead impacted by the source system feeds (including but not limited to: Data – Source Systems, Data – Reporting, Reporting, Accounting Hub, ARCS), preparing weekly status, updating plan on a page/project plans, RAID items), working with the BT PMO to develop one overall Source System program view that will be included in the overall MAPS Program project plan, identifying interdependencies across MAPS work streams and other non-MAPS Discover projects that have inter-dependent touch points, managing to the plan, working across the global MAPS team to identify manage, and mitigate/address/close RAID items, and leading daily and weekly cross-team meetings across Business Technology, Business Technology Enterprise Data Team, Finance, and source system feed owners (e.g. Human Resources, Lines of Business).
- Partners with the PMO Director and fellow PMO members to manage the overall Program expectations and timings as outlined by the Program Charter, Plan on a Page, and Program/Project Plans. This will include: assisting in preparing source system feed content for the weekly PMO Program Leadership meetings for the Program Leadership Team, Program Steering Council, DFS Executive Council, and Value Streams, preparing/reviewing the source system feed metrics to track and monitor progress for the Program for accountability with a proactive risk mitigation mindset 90 days, next phase ahead; summarizing results (Tableau summary dashboard), providing both senior executive management and day-to-day team manager level status report updates and risks related to the source system feed work with the prepared weekly Tableau dashboard; assists in creating and managing a holistic Program and Change Management Governance structure with a cadence for all work threads, all projects, and heavy coordination across all working teams (Finance, Financial Systems, Business Technology, Data, and Line of Business) using PMO tools.
- Program Team Recognition and Development – facilitates overall Program team-building efforts.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Psychology, or Finance
- 10+ years’ experience with Project management in technology, data, or finance environment with experience in implementing technology solutions or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 10+ years of experience with knowledge of technology transaction flow, cloud environment, data or related
- Project Management Institute Certification
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.