At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. Were all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Class Start Date: March 9, 2020
Training Hours: 9 am – 5:30 pm
Assigned shifts after training: 9, 10:30 or 11:30 am start times. Monday-Friday with rotating weekends
Full Time Benefits
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
Handles communication with customers and performs a variety of functions focused on completing applications for applicants. During that communication, proactively sells the loan to the customer along with other benefits. Ensures that all portions of the application are accurate to help identify and then eliminate potential risks for the business. Helps drive applications to completion to increase receivables.
- Communicates with customer on loan acquisition calls.
- Provides customers with consultative sales-based conversations. Sells the features and benefits of the loan.
- Facilitates components of the credit application process including, but not limited to, identity verification, judgmental review, negotiation of loan terms, applicant agreement of loan offer, and completion of the loan application.
Minimum Qualifications: H.S. Diploma or GED and 2+ years of experience in Customer Service, Sales, or related field
Preferred Qualifications: 2+ years of experience in Sales
Meets or exceeds annual review
Must not be on any punative active disciplinary action
Must be in current role for 12 months or longer
Must shadow a Personal Banker before interview
Individuals in this position are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in any capacity, with access to consumer credit transactions secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.