At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategies to drive top-line growth (organic and inorganic) across the bank and within specific Business Units. The role aids the President of Consumer Banking and Business Unit General Managers to develop key deliverables, such as strategic and operating plans and crafts presentations for key stakeholders (e.g., investors, Discover’s Board of Directors). Works under minimal supervision.
- Defines and scopes project requests, works with the team to develop work plans, delegates work streams, and executes some work streams. Structures analyses, frames data requests, and develops fact-based solutions and recommendations.
- Assists senior leaders to translate ambiguous requests into clearly defined problem statements. Develops, implements, and maintains an ongoing screening and prioritization mechanism for new project opportunities.
- Tracks the implementation of key initiatives developed, based on team recommendations. Leads group meetings that include senior executives.
- Staffs and manages a consumer banking-focused business development/internal consulting team that supports the Consumer Banking Senior Leadership Team in identifying and evaluating high-potential business development and performance improvement opportunities. Creates and manages a rapid-response capability that can deliver value-added industry and competitive analysis in response to urgent ad hoc requests.
- Develops, implements, and maintains an ongoing screening and prioritization mechanism for new project opportunities that enable periodic realignment of business development/internal consulting resources based on changing corporate, consumer banking, and business unit priorities. Constructs and achieves effective adoption of strategic planning/performance improvement tools and processes to enable Consumer Banking business units to achieve strategic objectives.
- Facilitates the delivery and effective use of training and best practice sharing for the assessment of new business development opportunities and the application of process-improvement analysis. Serves as a thought partner to the Vice Presidents and Senior Vice Presidents in Consumer Banking to identify, structure, and manage delivery of analysis that will drive key decisions.
- Coordinates with business unit project management teams and line of business finance teams to track and evaluate the implementation of key initiatives stemming from the team’s analysis. Tracks progress against the annual plan.
- Manages the creation of presentations to the President of Consumer Banking and other members of the Discover Financials Services Management Committee on Consumer Banking performance and key issues and new business opportunities for the deposits and non-Card lending businesses.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts & Sciences, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Financial Services, Management Consulting, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in people management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Financial Services, Management Consulting, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Financial Services, Management Consulting, or related field
- Lean, Six Sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement experience, or related certification
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.