At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for working collaboratively with all of the Reporting Leads, the Data Lead, and the following Reporting related work streams, including but not limited to: Data – Reporting, Data – Source Feeds, Accounting Hub, Chart of Accounts, and end-to-end Technology for the Financial Systems architecture.
- Understands the baseline/agreed upon scope, aligns the work planned and executed with the Reporting scope, and constrains the scope when it expands outside the Program Charter. Responsible for the baseline reporting scope and change control: maintains consistency between the baseline scope and estimates by following an agreed and documented change control process. Responsible for communicating and documenting all risks, issues, key decisions, action items, and change controls within the Reporting team. Understands the top-down, bottoms-up, risk based approach to implement the future state Reporting Strategy and platform.
- Validates the current state Finance “Reporting” required for SEC, Regulatory, Finance consolidations, Treasury, Risk, Tax (coordinating with the Treasury, Risk, and Tax points of contact), Management Reporting, Budgeting, Forecasting, and Long range planning. Provides input to develop a DFS Finance Reporting Strategy, socialize to garner approval from the Design Advisory Committee, and Finance Senior Leadership. Works alongside the Chart of Accounts Lead and Business leaders to identify and define a population of reports that rely on chart of account general ledger structure/ data (e.g. cost center, account). Analyzes and designs of the future state reporting solution including: applying leading practices and DFS objectives, such as integration of components from other work streams and Business as Usual. Provides insight on which reports need to carryforward in the future state or which ones may no longer be needed and considering report type based on information and frequency required (e.g. rationalization, duplication, static, drill down, dynamic, etc.). Provides input on configuration development needed for reports that may not be available on the standard Oracle reporting platform tools to meet the overall reporting solution requirements. Leads focus sessions with the SI partner and Oracle alongside the Reporting and Data Tower to validate future state reporting design with key business stakeholders and Reporting Stewards. Actively participates in the Immersion/ Awareness Session with the SI partner and Oracle for the Program and key DFS Finance participants to gain awareness of the Oracle standard reporting tools and functionality for in-scope reporting.
- Provides input to lead and support cross Program and work stream activities (Build, Testing, Go-Live Readiness, Hypercare, Change Management, Program Management, Business as Usual). Understands the Program Charter, scope, and DFS objectives and share this understanding with the delivery team. Lead knowledge sharing and training when needed. Works alongside the DFS DMS team to measure continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provides input to establish a future state Reporting Governance, alongside the Data Steward Governance, by identifying Reporting Stewards in Finance and the DFS Business. Plans and executes activities related to configuration to meet business requirements including full test cycle according to Program test strategy.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Oracle Reporting related to Oracle Cloud or on Premise; version of Oracle on Premise is 12.2.9 (Oracle R12), Oracle Cloud Financials version is 19C, Oracle EPM on Premise or Oracle Cloud (same version reference for Enterprise Performance Management) or related experience
- 6+ years of experience in Financial and Management “Reporting,” Financial Data Structures, Accounting Processes, Technology Capabilities that impact report outputs, Reporting Hierarchy Design, Reporting Tools Suite in ERP and best fit for Purpose and Data Hierarchy Design or related field
- 6+ years of experience in understanding of data dependencies across teams and impacts to reporting
- 6+ years of experience in Finance with Fortune 500 companies, understanding the Record-to-Record process, Financial, SEC and Regulatory Reporting and bridging the connection to Management Reporting, Budgeting, Forecasting and Long Range planning or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Management Consulting or related field
- Six Sigma/Lean Certification
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.