At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for leading analytics projects from concept to implementation. Leads the design of analytical frameworks, project planning and scoping, and guides junior analysts to develop analytics solutions (models, strategies, analyses, and/or analytical reports). Partners with business and process owners to identify and build analytics-driven solutions to business problems with a clear focus on driving business and customer value.
- Responsible for designing analytical frameworks, creation of analytics roadmaps, and planning and scoping analytics projects. Creates best practices and drives excellence in data preparation, including sampling, data pulling, aggregation, and other data preparation treatments. Performs simulations and general analyses to provide insights into model, strategy design, evaluation, and testing. Develops models, strategies, analyses, and/or analytical reports that meet business objectives, requirements, and timelines.
- Partners with business and process owners on analytics projects from concept to delivery. Implements models and develops strategies in partnership with business. Identifies value drivers and partners with business and process owners to define success measures and value measurement methodology. Provides input and consultation to business partners on various statistical, technical, data, or business issues.
- Develops comprehensive cost-benefit analyses to capture financial and other impacts of initiatives. Presents the results of analyses and strategy recommendations to senior leadership and business partners.
- Leads the development of analytics standard work and identifies best practices to improve team productivity.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or related Technical/Quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in a Quantitative/Analytics/Data Science/Technical role
- In lieu of a Master’s Degree, 4+ years of experience in a Quantitative/Analytics/Data Science/Technical role with a Bachelor’s Degree in a Quantitative/Technical field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in a Quantitative/Analytics/Data Science/Technical role
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.