At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for the design and maintenance of the different product strategies in the decision engine. Develops, tests, and implements credit and operations strategies in their respective decision engines, using various data sources and operational processing systems.
- Identifies, problem solves, and tracks defects. Partners with business partners to resolve defects identified during testing. Ensures all issues are resolved in a timely manner. Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with business partners to complete projects.
- Conducts high-level design walk-through sessions; identifies inconsistencies and changes designs as necessary.
- Analyzes requirements documentation and works with business partners to ensure requirements are clear and complete. Conducts structured reviews with business partners on potential errors in requirements or omissions.
- Identifies inconsistencies between existing policies and new strategies. Incorporates new requirements into existing designs and processes.
- Ensures design and testing are complete and addresses all requirements. Ensures the Agile tools are used to update and track the progress of the task.
- Works with IT partners to ensure data availability; identifies new and ongoing support to ensure availability of test regions.
- Builds and executes unit-test cases.
- Maintains project documentation to facilitate strategy tracking and test/control analysis. Designs and implements complex portfolio and new strategies accurately and within deadlines.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Information Systems, Statistics, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Software Development, Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, Financial Services, Security, Digital, Fraud, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Software Development, Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, Financial Services, Security, Digital, Fraud, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Information Systems, Statistics, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development, Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, Financial Services, Security, Digital, Fraud, or related field
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.