At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for performing data analysis, audits, and educational efforts in support of reducing workplace incidents. Works on the second line of defense to ensure employees, contractors, and visitors have the tools needed to ensure their safety at company locations. Ensures the company is compliant with Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations.
- Support monitoring and measuring of OHS performance
- Support safe working environments by maintaining required documentation and managing OHS administrative requirements.
- Assesses, evaluates and uses a broad range of workplace and industry sources of information
- Demonstrates broad technical and theoretical OHS knowledge with depth in some areas
- Manages own activities to meet work/project timelines
- Applies communicatio, engagement and skills to promote and support change
- Work well in a team and engages with other frontline colleagues in informal and formal environments
- Comply with laws and regulations governing practice of OHS and related activities
- Develops monitoring and compliance systems
- Prepares reports on OHS performance and trends using technology effectively, appropriate writing style, grammar and data displays; documents by completing forms and preparing reports and documentation that is easily understood by the intended audience
- Participate in OHS hazard and management system audits
- Provide information on the requirements for compliance with detailed, operational level OHS related regulation’s and standards.
- Coordinate the issues, testing, availability, use and replacement of personal protective and or emergency equipment
At a minimum, here is what we need from you:
- Associates degree in occupational health, safety, or a related scientific or technical field, such as engineering, biology, or chemistry
- 1+ years of experience in Facility Safety, Office Safety, Occupational Safety
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience as Safety Specialist
If we had our say, we would also look for:
Bachelors degree in occupational health, safety, or a related scientific or technical field, such as engineering, biology, or chemistry
- 2+ years of experience in Facility Safety, Office Safety, Occupational Safety
- ASP or CSP
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.