At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Class Start Date: January 6th, 2020
Shift Requirements: Monday through Friday with weekends as assigned from 6:00 am to 1:30 pm or 12:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Starting Wage: $17.00 an hour + shift differential
Flex Time Benefits
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
Responsible for handling chats, emails and calls for all levels of delinquent accounts. Provides all payment options or strategies to resolve card member delinquency issues. Attempts to collect on delinquent accounts as assigned to minimize losses to the company.
- Reviews credit history and other available information on delinquent accounts. Calls or sends letters to request payment or utilizes skip tracing tools to facilitate next card member contact of delinquent accounts.
- Builds rapport with card members and works to secure repayment on delinquent accounts.
- Maintains productivity standards while ensuring prompt follow up.
- Adheres to Fair Debt Collection and Practices law and company Collection Practices policy.
- Assists with training less experienced team members.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in Collections, Customer Service, Call Center or related field