At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for adopting and promoting Agile methodologies and related ceremonies within multiple cross-functional team agile teams. Provides ongoing oversight during feature/user story grooming and Sprint development. Manages Sprint release timelines, stand-ups and other ceremonies, and helps remove blockers to ensure Agile releases stay on track.
- Manages Sprint and Iteration Plan deliverables, proactively identifies and manages internal and external constraints.
- Facilitates team activities, including all required Agile ceremonies.
- Identifies, communicates, and resolves dependencies between Agile teams.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions
- Understanding of Agile/SAFe best practices
- Competent in Agile and SAFe methodologies and ceremonies
- Background in coaching and mentoring skills on agile methodology and understand Scrum framework
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership qualities (guide and direct agile during daily activities)
- Certification in Agile & Scrum Master Preferred #LI-BG1
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.