At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Core and International Product Team at Discover Financial Services is responsible for the management and release of global card products, core network products and the features and benefits used to support these products by the issuing franchises or issuers of our network alliance partners. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the launch and roll out of various card products for international partners (DCI and Network Alliances) as well as interfacing with internal stakeholders in our Governance, Operations, Marketing and Technology teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing the performance, structure and direction of new and existing product lines and leading the development and execution of strategic product plans for key initiatives such as the introduction of new products, product line extensions or product enhancements. The successful candidate will also be accountable for achieving specific goals for each product, including evaluating product performance and identifying innovations to address customer needs and improve product performance in the market.
*This role can be located in Riverwoods (IL), Phoenix (AZ), or New Albany (OH) but remote candidates will be considered.
- Identify sources, monitor, analyze and interpret key product performance metrics including financials, network volumes, other key statistics and internal/external customer feedback trends, then develop and communicate findings and make strategic and tactical recommendations for performance improvements.
- Define and execute strategic product road-maps to build new products, enhance existing products or improve performance.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop strategies and methodologies to on-board new partners.
- Track and understand industry trends, research findings and competitive innovations.
- Provide business analysis and reporting on a periodic basis.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop or support sales efforts or go-to-market strategies.
- Serve as Product Management business lead on cross-functional teams, including internal departments such as Sales, Operations, Legal, Marketing, Finance, Technology in the evaluation, development, management and/or enhancement of assigned products and/or programs.
- Identify competitive sets for card products globally and help leadership determine where we should focus growth efforts.
- In your capacity as a Product owner, manage the launch and rollout of Consumer Card products (credit, debit, prepaid and co-brand) for our international partners.
- Define and execute strategic product roadmaps to build new products, enhance existing products, or improve performance.
- Manage key operational processes and integrations by partnering and managing relationships with stakeholders in Product Marketing, Technology, Risk and Legal
- Lead the launch of new products, capabilities and benefits for credit, debit, prepaid and Co- Brand card products
- Understand business objectives and customer needs, and identify creative ways to leverage capabilities and develop new solutions to meet those needs
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Social Sciences, Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Card Payments, Network, Acquiring, Issuing, Mobile Technologies, Digital Payments or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Card Payments, Network, Acquiring, Issuing, Mobile Technologies, Digital Payments or related field including Product Management experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Social Sciences, Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Project Management, Payments, Technology Solutions, or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact at all levels
- Proven Product Development track record with a focus on trend management and product delivery (ideally within payment services)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build reliable working relationships within the network, the company and with our international partners
- Strong consumer card product experience, particularly in credit, debit and co brand space from an Issuing / Global Payment Brand background
- Experience in product development and product lifecycle management, in the card or payments space
- Experience and proven track record within Card/Issuing related business with consumer mind set and proven product knowledge
- Ability to work on own initiative, be creative and make decisions with minimum supervision