At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Want to join a team of talented Advanced Analytics and Information Management professionals at Discover who are championing and leading Discovers’ journey to NextGen Analytics, NextGen Information Governance and Cloud migration initiatives? If you are passionate in the areas of Cloud Analytics, Information Governance and leveraging data to enable capabilities like Machine Learning this is a perfect opportunity. Ideal candidate will have proficiency in one or more of the following areas – Python, R-Studio, SAS, Tableau, SQL, AWS, Snowflake, Data Quality, Metadata Management, Data Profiling and Data Stewardship.
Responsible for analyzing complex data, data transformations, data lineage, data quality rules, data models, data integration, utilizing enterprise data warehouses and big data systems. Partners with the business and technology teams to develop innovative analytics and data solutions.
- Analyzes complex database systems using a variety of tools.
- Develops reports utilizing dashboards and visualization tools.
- Uses data quality and data profiling tools to profile complex data sources, define data quality, and define data transformation rules for converting raw data into consumable data.
- Documents data requirements. Illustrates how data domains relate to each other using tools like source-target mappings, process-flow diagrams, data-flow diagrams, and workflow diagrams.
- Partners with management and product owners to develop user stories and defines requirements for the development and enhancement of data applications.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering
- 6+ years of experience in Data Integrations, using tools like Informatica, Datastage, Ab-Initio
- 6+ years of experience in Data Warehouse/Datamart development, using tools like Terradata, SQL
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Data Integrations, using tools like Informatica, Datastage, Ab-Initio; 8+ years of experience in Data Warehouse/Datamart development, using tools like Terradata, SQL
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in Data Quality, Data Profiling, Metadata Management
- 2+ years of experience in Credit Card, Banking, Fraud, Risk, Compliance, Collections, Underwriting
- In lieu of a degree, 2+ years of experience in Risk, Marketing, Acquisitions modeling, strategy development