At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for ensuring impacting incidents are managed effectively and the restoration of normal service is completed efficiently with minimal impact to internal and external customers. Ensures that the Incident Management process is followed for every incident. Reports incidents generated by all technology departments.
- Performs daily technical Rapid Response Team bridge conference calls and assigns tasks to the relevant attendees. Produces and sends out the relevant reports.
- Sends alert communications within guidelines to technology and business management teams.
- Provides updates to management on infrastructure issues and remediation actions.
- Creates incident timelines that reflect check points and activities. Oversees reporting processes, including awareness of all application and infrastructure changes and producing performance reports for technology support groups.
- Identifies service improvement and efficiency initiatives. Ensures consistent handling and timely resolution of all incidents. Identifies opportunities for process automation.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 2+ years of experience in Tech Support, Information Technology, or related field, or relevant certification(s)
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 1+ years of experience in Help Desk, desk side experience, or prior incident management experience
- ITIL Foundations, A+ Certification
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.