At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for leading and driving network infrastructure initiatives to completion. Coordinates across business partner and technology work-streams to disposition, research, solution and close incidents and provide support to continually evolve. Determines objectives of assignments, gathers information and consults with business partners and management. Performs second-level business-technical support.
This position is a key member of the business responsible for leading and driving Payment Services initiatives to completion. Coordinates across business partner and technology work streams to disposition, research, solution and close incidents and provide support to continually evolve. Determins objectives of assignments, gathers information and consults with business partners and management. Performs second-level business-technical support and is the conduit to technology thru the agile team and need to have working knowledge of SQL or Splunk Processing Lanquage, (reporting/dashboards). Excellent communication, analytical and collaboration skills along with the ability to work independently with limited supervision is required as this position will be a key liaison between the business and key business partners.
- Partners with cross functional teams to resolve open incidents end-to-end (including ticket assignment, research, issue resolution, coordinate testing and validation).
- Collaborates with key partners (including but not limited to) – BT, Client Facing Teams to ensure timely response for tickets and validation of ticket closure.
- Offers suggestions for improvement to interface for ticketing system. Contributes to continually improving Incident Management and Production Support processes.
- Reviews and analyzes data, identifies trends and reports back to cross functional teams.
- Reviews project plans to coordinate project activities.
- Performs second-level business-technical support.
- Engages in high-level alert activities. Determines their root causes, resolutions and documents the issues.
- Supports the delivery of strategic projects and initiatives.
- Assigns and reviews research requests.
- Provides support to business process representation for all Compliance or Internal Audit reviews as well as external inquires.
- Establishes business unit education programs around production issues, resolution steps, research request statuses, and troubleshooting initiatives.
- Partners with agile team to deliver customer and business value through transaction monitoring product features primarily using Splunk Enterprise.
- Develops user stories from prioritized features. Leads efforts to attain product vision and objectives.
- Provides status updates to management and business partners.
- Collaborates with agile teams to follow through on business priorities and visions.
- Manages and prioritizes sprint backlogs
- Require pager availability to provide business production support on a rotating weekly shift basis with other team members.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Payments, Banking, FinTech or related field
- In lieu of degree, 4+ years of experience in Payments, Banking, FinTech or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 2+ years of experience in Technical Troubleshooting or Support
- Knowledge in Splunk Reporting and Dashboard
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.