At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The landscape of payments is changing at a rapid pace. Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating information system projects, the ideal candidate will be well versed in traditional card payments, as well as opportunities and challenges this ecosystem faces as new technologies such as digital, biometrics, authentication, cloud, tokenization, and others continue to influence the industry. As a key contributor to Discover Global Network’s performance priorities, this role will combine strategic thinking with tactical execution ability. The role analyzes the global marketplace for emerging payments trends and builds solutions to respond to these trends to meet client needs of Discover Global Network.
- Product Management and ownership of business area’s services, products, or vendors.
- Participates in Agile sprints, planning, and executions
- Reviews and manages project plans, demonstrating effective cross-business coordination and communication of project activities
- Manages project scopes and deliverables within preset budgets and timelines.
- Initiates and generates appropriate stakeholder reports to aid cross-business communication and supports data-driven business decisions
- Partners with the business and vendors to identify business opportunities and secures support and cooperation to quickly resolve problems that may arise with the managed products
- Analyzes payments landscape and competitive market strategies through the analysis of related product, market, or share trends. Research and recommend new strategic initiatives into the organization
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to analyze market demand for these products within the Discover Global Network ecosystem
- Supports business development efforts and aids in the definition of client solutions
- Demonstrates creative thinking, passion and drive to champion new ideas throughout the organization, tenacity to create commercially viable product, and flexibility to evaluate and adapt to market feedback
- Provide subject matter expertise on digital and emerging payments space
- Be a thought partner to the larger organization and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Project Development Product Management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Product Management, Digital, Agile, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 2+ years of experience in Agile methodology
- 1+ years of experience in Payments, Financial Services, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Agile methodology
- PMP, Product Owner, or related certification
- Master’s Degree- MBA, or related field
- Extensive payments experience- product management/business development/operations in digital payments preferred
- Strong track record of innovative thinking and successful product development and deployment
- Strong project management skills
- Experience managing multiple vendor/partner relationships simultaneously
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate strategic approaches and goals both verbally and in presentation format to senior level management
- Influence without authority (matrixed/cross-departmental people management)
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment, consistently adhering to strict deadlines and evolving priorities
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.