At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for performing business compliance and operational risk and control activities. Educates and trains the business to ensure compliance with regulations. Evaluates current operations across the business to identify areas for enhancements. Partners with the business to implement processes.
- Creates and distributes monthly risk reporting and complaints data. Leads customer complaint remediation projects.
- Provides education and monitors the business on requirements of company policies and standards related to risk and control ownership. Develops and implements job aids and tools to facilitate efficient completion of policy and standard requirements. Identifies and implements effective controls to manage operational, financial, and compliance risks. Maintains an accurate library of risks and controls. Performs control design reviews and compliance risk assessments. Monitors the risk and control environment for weaknesses and identifies solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of controls. Executes control testing plans.
- Leads the completion of projects. Develops, implements, and administers control standardization and workflow solutions. Creates continual monitoring exception reports for critical business processes.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Financial Services, Marketing, Compliance, Internal Audit Operations, Vendor Management areas, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Financial Services, Marketing, Compliance, Internal Audit Operations, Vendor Management areas, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Financial Services, Marketing, Compliance, Internal Audit Operations, Vendor Management areas, or related field
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.