At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Works on analysis, design solutions, development and supports application software. Conducts development tasks including technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation for one area of Payment Services
More specifically, we are looking for an individual to join the PULSE Switch Application team. This role will be responsible for helping design new switch and product solutions specific to the payments industry. It is also responsible for supporting certification and production issues. This position works is a fast paced and technical environment.
- Provides specialized expertise and applied knowledge on technical aspects of Payment Services’ solutions
- Learns new technologies and promotes the adoption of frameworks that deliver customer value
- Develops proof of concepts & critical software application components
- Creates and reviews technical requirements and translates into platform enablers
- Reviews business requirements and assists in translating into features/user stories
- Actively contributes to the department’s developer community to support technical initiatives and provides input into best practices.
- Maintains highly available systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Enhances Operating Model by demonstrating a high level of initiative, ability to work with all levels of management and within a Scrum team as a senior technical leader/developer. Assists with the growth of others on the team within a challenging environment while promoting DFS cultural behaviors and technical proficiencies based on our latest standards and strategies.
- Delivers technology solutions that support our business goals. Partners with management, architects, and product owners to understand requirements, evaluating the features to prepare applications specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Acts in a mentoring capacity to multiple teams, and enables the team to be cross-functional and autonomous
- Promotes a risk-aware culture, ensures efficient and effective risk/compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes including software quality governance
- Participates in an on-call rotation support role
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in relevant technical expertise
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Core Java or Object Orientated Programming
- Spring (Core, Spring Integration, Spring Boot)
- JSON processing and validation
- CI with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Gradle, Nexus, Chef, Ansible
- Data/Cache Technologies: Oracle, Maria, Gemfire
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures (AWS/Cloud Foundry/VM)
- Variety of scripting language
- Knowledge and experience with FIS Connex Advantage Software
- Knowledge and experience with HP NonStop Servers
- Knowledge and experience with Splunk and Knowledge and experience with APIs.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.