At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Advises business partners on understanding and mitigating the inherent risks throughout their business processes. Partners with the business to improve the control environment by developing new/revised controls and resolves open issues. Serves as a liaison between business unit and Corporate Risk Management (CRM), Compliance, Legal, and other Business Risk Office groups. Executes various Preventative Risk Management activities and initiatives such as, but not limited to, risk and control assessments, operational risk events reporting, key risk indicator reporting, business continuity planning, records management, and new initiative process.
- Performs walk-throughs and provides consultation on existing and new processes and, where appropriate, facilitates documentation thereof, including the identification of business risks and controls. Ensures that controls are in place to mitigate legal, regulatory, and other applicable business risks. Where control gaps exist, provides consultation on the design of controls and monitors until execution.
- Provides consultation on, and monitors timely execution of, essential risk processes and requirements including, but not limited to, Business Continuity Planning and testing and Records Retention.
- Executes reporting including operational risk events, key risk indicators, and business reviews in accordance with company policies and standards.
- Collaborates with business partners to ensure root-cause analysis is performed and that appropriate corrective action plans are put in place to address issues stemming from the risk assessments, internal audits, regulatory findings, business unit test monitoring, operational risk incidents, and other applicable sources where gaps are identified.
- Provides relevant risk training to meet current and evolving organizational requirements and/or business needs.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Management, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Risk Management, Internal Controls, Finance, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Risk Management, Internal Controls, Finance, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Risk Management, Internal Controls, Finance, or related field
- Certified Internal Auditor, Certification in Control Self-Assessment, RIMS-Certified Risk Management Professional, or related certification
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.