At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As a Senior Developer at Discover, you’ll be responsible for large scale applications that attract new customers and help grow Discover’s business. If you’re passionate about designing, developing and integrating systems in an XP environment, then you’ll fit right in with our team. We’re looking for someone who works in cloud native applications and is seeking an opportunity to use the latest technologies and tools for private and public cloud.
- Be a technology translator. Turn complex business requirements into workable technical solutions using Agile methodology.
- Be a coding wizard. Develop, test and implement innovative application solutions with an emphasis on flexibility and efficiency.
- Wear a design hat. Participate in design sessions and design solutions in our architecture standards that are easily maintainable, high performing, and integrate well with other related systems/components.
- Work together. Pair with other developers on code reviews and process enhancements and work with other internal IT teams to deliver on solutions.
- Continue to raise your game. Create back up solutions and continue to improve the processes for what we build and how we build it.
- Think “Security First”. Be a security guru and use secure coding practices to keep our data safe.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development or related field
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in Software Development or related field
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.