At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Senior Quality Tester will perform testing, validation and quality management of the implementation of Product, Credit and Operations strategies in enterprise decision platform.
- Designs test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Documents software defects, using a defect tracking system, and reports defects to software developers.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Develops testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, integration testing, regression testing, negative testing, error or defect retests, or usability.
- Participates in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Management or related field
- 4+ years of industry experience in software development testing or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in software testing
- Experience testing in CI/CD pipeline
- Strong programming skills in SAS, VBA and Unix Scripting
- Proven expertise in the management of large volumes of data on multiple platforms, ideally, Unix and Snowflake
- Experience with JMeter
- Experience in JAVA
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.