At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Senior Quality Tester will perform testing, validation and quality management of the implementation of Product, Credit and Operations strategies in enterprise decision platform.
- Designs test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Documents software defects, using a defect tracking system, and reports defects to software developers.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Develops testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, integration testing, regression testing, negative testing, error or defect retests, or usability.
- Participates in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Management or related field
- 4+ years of industry experience in software development testing or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in software testing
- Experience testing in CI/CD pipeline
- Strong programming skills in SAS, VBA and Unix Scripting
- Proven expertise in the management of large volumes of data on multiple platforms, ideally, Unix and Snowflake
- Experience with JMeter
- Experience in JAVA
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.