At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover has an exciting Employer Brand Manager opportunity in our Riverwoods, IL office. Reporting to the Director of Candidate Brand, you will be responsible for the development of recruitment marketing branded content, management of the Discover Careers website and managing all media campaigns that increase our prominence as an employer of choice. You’ll serve as our in-house expert on employer brand management and employee advocacy programs. You will lead day to day activities to drive community and campaign engagement across channels and analyze media performance providing strategic insights to optimize campaign performance.
This Manager must have passion for building employee engagement and improving the health of the Discover employer brand. As part of the Candidate Brand team, you’ll play a lead role in building the brand and engaging employees to help tell our story.
- Develop and execute a content strategy for building the Discover brand as an employer of choice, highlighting our EVP (employee value proposition) within the financial and technology sectors using the employee blog, social and content distribution for deployment
- Manage key job boards including optimization plans, scopes/contracts, goal setting and strategies to improve brand presence (e.g. LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) and working with recruiters on training and usage
- Lead the management of the career website refresh helping to improve site traffic and engagement by 15% YoY
- Manage, retain, and develop a team of creative minded individuals focused on championing the Discover Candidate Brand
- Engage with the recruiting team, hiring managers and associated leadership teams (including Vice Presidents) to develop strategic, credible relationships that advise and troubleshoot gaps in hiring profiles, external and internal market drivers, and consult with business unit customers to continuously improve the product Talent Acquisition delivers
- Develop strategies and execute employer brand marketing programs to deepen the relationships with current business partners, convert candidates into employees, and drive significant recruiting value. Implement channel outreach strategies.
- Achieve significant and measurable improvements to marketing campaigns. Utilize reports and metrics to make informed recommendations and decisions. Evaluate and report on goals, results, challenges, and achievements. Communicate findings and make recommendations for improvements
- Provide strategic support to the launch and adoption of the employer value proposition including updates to recruitment materials
- Provide direction in the use of marketing automation tools throughout the department. Provide reporting recommendations to leadership regarding efficiency and effectiveness of tools on improving candidate engagement
- Advise on the development of market analyses, talent segment sizing, competitive analyses, and candidate segmentation
- Partner with in-house and external agencies for content, media and creative services
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Marketing, Agency or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry, Technology, Marketing, or related field
- Valid government-issued driver’s license
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, or related field
- Corporate or agency employer brand experience
- 2+ years of people management and mentorship
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.