At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
***This role will be based in our state-of-the-art 350 N. Orleans location in downtown Chicago.***
We are looking for a hands-on Lead Cloud Engineer who will be responsible for helping to design, provision, automate and maintain large state of the art Cloud Infrastructure for Advanced Analytics Platform. Requirement is for a strong full stack cloud engineer to help build out and run our production environments. This engineer will have strong cloud platform experience (preferably with Amazon Web Services) and will be responsible for automating operations, maintaining and supporting infrastructure, coding and scripting, as well as communicating and collaborating with, and advising our development teams.
- Assist in maintaining high performance levels, maximum uptime and overall integrity of internal and production systems Work collaboratively with Development to deploy and operate our systems.
- Architect and administer Advanced Analytics infrastructure in AWS.
- Automate infrastructure via infrastructure-as-code and configuration management.
- Collaborate alongside engineers and the product teams on business and operational matters
- Maintain the performance, monitoring, and scale management in the cloud environment
- Participate in and contribute to risk management, business continuity management, policy review and compliance audits
- Support software development processes via continuous integration and delivery.
- Design and Support Access patterns, IAM policies and overall system security.
- Look for ways to improve and streamline processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.