At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Leverages Lean tools such as visual management, root-cause problem solving, coaching, and demand and capacity management. Shapes a company-wide transformation. Owns the Discover Management System (DMS) approach, and is responsible for ensuring the transformation’s success.
- Coaches senior stakeholders and business partners in applying Lean management principles and implementing the system in their respective areas.
- Provides thought leadership to concurrent change teams. Develops the diagnostics for concurrent waves to help identify the areas of opportunity, and then develops the customized design based on the diagnostic to implement a sustainable lean management system.
- Partners with Lean management practitioners aligned to businesses in an ongoing manner.
- Develops and improves deployment standards and methodologies to assure long term impact.
- Advises the change teams for implementation to ensure the design is deployed effectively.
This role can be based in either Lake Park, Utah or Phoenix, AZ.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Quantitative, Social Sciences, Arts, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Continuous Improvement, Process Management, Program Management, Strategic Planning, Performance Measurement, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Continuous Improvement, Process Management, Program Management, Strategic Planning, Performance Measurement, Management Consulting, Lean Transformation Leadership, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, Operations Management, Quantitative, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in people management
- 6+ years of experience in Management Consulting, or related field
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.