At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for analyzing transaction, authentication, and account management data and trends for fraud prevention and detection. Implements and recommends actions to mitigate fraud risk while maintaining a positive customer experience.
- Prepares and presents analytical results to management.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and refines best-in-class fraud detection strategies. Leverages historical data, customer usage profiles, and real-time transactional data to support strategies.
- Develops and leads effective performance tracking mechanisms. Ensures strategies are performing as expected. Incorporates learnings to improve strategies.
- Assesses trends, analyzes data, and proposes hypotheses to enable detection of evolving fraud patterns.
- Provides support on analytical and strategic projects that aim to enhance capabilities.
- Partners with the business to research, develop, and test new fraud detection rules.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related quantitative field
- 1+ years of experience in fraud prevention analytics, quantitative analytics, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Previous Financial Services experience
- Previous Fraud Prevention experience
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.