International Summer Internship
Join us and start building your brighter future. Our International Summer Internship supports our Business Technology function and will enable you to bring your passion, the insights you’ve learned in university and ideas. Discover is a place where we encourage our interns get involved in challenging work from Day 1.
This programme is ideal for Computer Engineering students with a strong academic profile who are looking to continue their professional development, those seeking managerial roles in a short time, and those looking to gain a breadth of experience across key business areas.
Participants will have opportunities in an 8-12 week short term assignment offering international experience including visiting Discover Headquarters, located in Riverwoods, Illinois, just north of Chicago, to gather global experience in the business technology function.
Students with a predicted 2:2 or above will be considered, but a predicted 2:1 is preferred. Preference will be given to individuals who have taken an active role in initiatives on or off campus.
Application: September – 15th November 2020
Graduate Development Programme
Discover’s Business Technology Graduate Development Programme is an exciting 2-year opportunity for highly motivated individuals who are interested in growing their technical skills while making an impact and adding value to the organization. By focusing on career development and the enhancement of technical and leadership skills, participants will execute technology initiatives to deliver strategic value aligned with Discover’s high-priority goals in an agile environment.
Participants will drive their career through a succession of structured rotations which are designed to offer valuable experience in computer engineering. We will support you to ensure you thrive in our sought-after culture and working environment.
Participants can expect:
- To be part of a Cohort of recent college graduates
- Assignments aligning personal talents with business initiatives
- Challenging and impactful work that supports Discover’s strategic business priorities and objectives
- Opportunities to work on cross-functional projects and/or teams
- Ability to improve processes, manage complex projects, and present to management
- Enhance abilities to lead projects, make decisions, problem solve and think creatively
- Dedicated program managers, experienced managers and knowledgeable mentors
- Interaction with the key stakeholders and leadership through both projects and program events
- Training, Development, and Networking
- Opportunity for career advancement
Participants can expect their contribution to directly influence the future direction of the business. They will be afforded opportunities to exercise both managerial and thought leadership in high-exposure roles by supporting internal and external business partners, and implementing unprecedented revenue-driving projects.
Application: September – 15th November 2020
UK: Our Recruiting Process
Here’s what you will experience during our recruiting process, step by step.
Step 1: Apply Online
We look forward to getting to know you better. All interested candidates must submit an online application to be considered. Our minimum qualifications are:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university program leading to at least a bachelor’s degree in a computer engineering discipline
- Must have a minimum of a 2:2 as a predicted grade
- For internships, must be in penultimate year of study and looking for a permanent opportunity upon graduation
- For Graduate Development Programme, must be graduating in 2021
- All eligible applicants may be requested to travel to the Farnborough UK office as well as to Chicago headquarters in the summer months
Applications for our summer internships and graduate development programme will close 15th November 2020.
Most candidates will be asked to complete a Pymetrics assessment, a series of online games that will give you insight into your own skills and strengths.
Please be aware that we will consider candidates on a rolling basis, so we strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Step 2: Preparing for the Interview Process
If selected, you will participate in a first round interview, either on-campus, by video or by phone. Successful candidates will then be invited to our Farnborough office (when open) for the final round of assessment. Your visit to our campus will include presentations, networking opportunities and 2-3 interviews including behavioral, technical or case study assessments.
We encourage you to learn more about our company by exploring our website, connecting with current employees or attending on-campus recruiting events.
If you will not be moving forward at any point in the candidate process, you will be notified via email.
Step 3: Job Offer
Congratulations! Your preparation has paid off and you’ve received an offer. The Discover recruiting team and employees you met through the recruiting process are happy to help answer questions. We typically give candidates two weeks to accept an offer to join us.
Step 4: Join Us and Get Ready to Shine Bright
Your recruiter will keep in touch with you prior to your first day with Discover. You’ll hear from us about steps you need to take, how you can prepare and provide resources as you transition onto our teams. Your first day will include our exciting New Hire Welcome and Orientation program. We can’t wait to work together and help you build your future!
Interested in opportunities at our Farnborough office?
We are always looking for great new talent. Stay up to date on upcoming events, career opportunities, recruiting insights and more.